Friday, May 8, 2015

DMA Award 2015

I wish to thank the Dallas Museum of Art and the Otis and Velma Dozier family for selecting me for the 2015 Otis and Velma Dozier Travel Grant to Iceland. I will visit on horseback Reykjafjal Mountain, geothermal area of Gufudalor valley, volcano Hengil, mountain Ingolfsfjall, geothermal Gullfuss and Strokkur, and Thingvellir National Park; as well as Sundahofn Harbor and the island of Videy. I will anticipate the aurora borealis, and yes, the Blue Lagoon. My unique Icelandic travel experience will widen my engagement with visualizing energies and spaces in my paintings, drawings and prints.

click here to look at my work

The Texas Abstract book's last image of mine is from my L.E.D. Series. The "Octagon Vibration Series" drawings are like inversions of those paintings. I often work in series that set up certain "games", limitations or intentions. The Swiss artist/healer Emma Kuntz and the contemporary artists Joanne Greenbaum, Julie Mehretu, and Terry Winters might be mentioned when placing my work within a broader context.

The "Octagon Vibration Series" is currently continuing with small prints (multiple plate drypoints with chine colle), drawings, and paintings in progress.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment